Saturday, August 25, 2007

A PeaK & A Pic



I really did it!!! I submitted to the October Afternoon DT Call. Saying a hopeful prayer that I will be taken notice of (in a good way). I did have a lot of fun creating items for this call too. I made a mobile for the girls...bluebirds. Also cranked out one the best layouts evah!!! I really am proud of this Nora page. For the record, it is based on a Becky Fleck sketch. She absolutely RAWKS!!! The sketch can be found here.... The one I used is toward the bottom of the page - the published LO is from Marla Kress. Of course, I did take some liberties, but isn't that how the creative machine works?

If you're wondering, the mobile was created with wood embroidery hoops for the structure, a polyfill cloud covered in "pixie dust" (white glitter), ribbon, and recycled chipboard for the birds (my own design). Right now it's hanging for the antique copper light fixture on my scrap "porch", but it will eventually move into Emma & Maggie's room. Maggie now wants me to make some butterflies for the wall next to her bed....

And here's a photo I snapped of Nora early this morning (around 7:30 AM). The morning light was just perfect...I couldn't resist. Somehow, I even managed to get some smiles out of her! It's hard to believe that she's almost 6 months old. Where has the time gone, Nora Mae?

3 comments:

Anne said...

WOW Ang, those are both totally awesome!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the mobile!!! Good luck!

Trynity said...

OMGosh Sista..

I love them both.. but that mobile.. I see a money making enterprise in your future..
it is GORGEOUS..

Kudos to you..

Miss Nora is too cute for words..
I cannot believe how animated she is at such a young age..

Love ya much

Cindy F said...

Angie, those projects are fantabulous!!! I adore that mobile. Nora is sweet as can be. Best of wishes on the DT selection!