Sunday, February 10, 2008

Great News!

On Wednesday, we had the good fortune of experiencing the midway ultrasound with this pregnancy. The great news is that baby is perfect!!! All parts are in the right place, with the right count, and at the right size for 21 weeks gestation. Even better, the baby has "boy parts"...that's right! We're having a boy!!! Mark is quietly ecstatic. The girls are overjoyed. Emma is so excited about this. Maggie is very nonchalant...she knew all along that this one was a boy. Nora is only 11 months old and couldn't care less. And well, Autumn is Autumn. She's nearly 18 and very busy with her life and happy that we're finally having a boy. Then she's on to her thing....as is normal. me...I'm just glad he's "perfect" with nothing wrong.

Now I just pray that my glitch works itself out in the next 12 weeks. I have a case of Complete Placenta Previa. Meaning that the placenta is blocking the cervix. If it doesn't move upward & away from it's currently position, I will have to deliver by C-section. I know that loads of women have this procedure, but anyone who knows me knows that I am the crazy lady who delivers babies drug-free the natural way. I have avoided the epidural needle like it was the plague. And now if this thing within doesn't relocate, I'll have to be sliced open for delivery. Not cool in my book. That's not evening thinking about the other complications that can occur with the placenta being where it is....bleeding & separation accompanied by bedrest if that should happen. How could I possibly be on bedrest with an active 9 year old, 4 year old, and infant in the house? So if you are the praying type, I could use a couple. Of course, the doctor has reassured me that in most cases, the placenta does change position by the final trimester, so perhaps my worries are pointless.

So that's been my week in a nutshell! Now to brave the cold to attempt some paper pushing up in the arctic scrap porch...

No comments: