Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Forced Creation

Did you every just have one of the days, weeks, or months when you felt the absolute need to create something but just didn't have the energy or time to get it done? That has been my situation since early November! This week, however, I kicked myself in the a$$ and got it done. I spent some of the weekend and then Tuesday morning cleaning up the mess in the scrap room. Of course, most of it was from Maggie & Emma. Bits of paper cuttings & felt, along with toys, markers, etc. were all over the floor & futon. My mess was all over the art table. Argh! I got it done though.

By Tuesday afternoon I was able to play with an old photo of Casey (from last winter) and push some paper around. I am fairly pleased with the end result. I did have fun playing with my Slick Writers creating different borders. I kinda like the sawtooth effect on the arrow.

Hopefully, this will jumpstart my action enough to get me back into the game. Keeping my fingers crossed.

In other arenas today, Maggie said a bad word - damn! - at lunch this afternoon. She managed to mess up something she was doing with her toys while I was preparing the midday meal and she just said it plan as day. I told her that it was a bad word. He response, "You mean like 'stupid' is a bad word?" LOL! I explained that it was a little worse than that. Kids are funny that way. By the way, she learned that one from her dad, not me.

1 comment:

**Nancy** said...

Yeah, a layout from Angie!!! Keep them coming, girl!